On October 1, 2002, we opened our doors for the very first time to serve you. We’re humbled by all the support we’ve received from each of you and so honored you’ve let us fill your bellies with billions of Little Devils, Cowvins, Sticky Buns, cupcakes, donuts, savories, and more. Here’s to another 15 years!
Hurricanes Harvey and Irma caused untold devastation and left countless animals in Texas and Florida without food, water, shelter, or, for many, hope. Thankfully, Brother Wolf Animal Rescue’s Rapid Response Team deployed and was on the ground—and in the flooded streets—and rescued desperate animals in need. We’re in awe of their efforts and hope you’ll join us in celebrating and supporting our October charity of the month. For each of these beautiful charity-themed cupcakes, available in chocolate and vanilla, sold this month at Sticky Fingers, we’ll donate $1 to support Brother Wolf’s Rapid Response Team. Eat cupcakes for charity!
FB & IG: @brotherwolfanimalrescue
Meet our October specials:
- Pumpkin Muffin: pumpkin muffin topped with pepitas
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pie: pumpkin whoopie pie sandwiched with cream cheese frosting
- Chick-O-Stick Cupcake: Chick-O-Stick crumbles on chocolate-frosted chocolate or vanilla cupcakes
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcake: pumpkin cake topped with mocha frosting
- Chickpea Noodle Soup: chickpeas instead of chicken in a classic soup
- Charity of the Month Cupcake for Brother Wolf Animal Rescue’s Rapid Response Team: We’ll donate $1 for each charity-themed cupcake sold in October to support Brother Wolf Animal Rescue’s Rapid Response Team. Eat cupcakes for charity!
- Halloween Cupcakes: eerily delicious & available from Oct 11!
Imagine a food system where the most affordable and delicious products are also good for our bodies and the planet. The Good Food Institute, our charity of the month, is working to bring that dream of creating a healthy, humane, and sustainable food supply a reality. Focusing on “clean” (that is, cultured) and plant-based meat, milk, and eggs, the charity provides strategic support to companies, fosters the next generation of innovators, promotes plant-based products, and more.
Please join us in supporting The Good Food Institute. For each carrot cake with cream cheese frosting sold this month at Sticky Fingers, we’ll donate $1 to support their important work. Eat cupcakes for charity!
Meet our September specials:
- Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcake: strawberry cake topped with cream cheese frosting & graham crumbs
- Almond Cream Cupcake: vanilla cake with almond cream frosting & toasted almonds
- Banana Chimp Muffin: bananas & chocolate chimps!
- Double Chocolate Marshmallow Cookie: chocolate cookie with chocolate chips & mini marshmallows
- Cupcake for The Good Food Institute, Our Charity of the Month: We’ll donate $1 for each carrot cupcake with cream cheese frosting sold in September to support The Good Food Institute. Eat cupcakes for charity!
And, did you hear the news? We’re now serving brunch exclusively on Saturdays and Sundays from 9AM to 2.30PM. Hope to see you soon!
Ocean Conservancy: our charity of the month
Since 1972, Ocean Conservancy has worked to protect the oceans from today’s greatest global challenges, including the onslaught of ocean trash, overfishing, and ocean acidification. Our August charity of the month believes that together, we can create long-term solutions that promote healthy oceans, abundant wildlife, and thriving coastal communities. “The ocean is our responsibility, what happens to it impacts all of us.”
Please join us in supporting Ocean Conservancy. For each charity-themed cupcake sold this month at Sticky Fingers, we’ll donate $1 to support their critical work for the oceans and their inhabitants. Eat cupcakes for charity!
- Banana Split Cupcake: chocolate cake topped with banana frosting, chocolate drizzle, peanuts & a maraschino cherr
- Passion Fruit Cupcake: coconut cake with passion fruit frosting & a sprinkling of coconut
- PB&J Cowvins: peanut butter frosting & raspberry jam sandwiched in our famous Cowvin cookies
- Peach Almond Muffin: you guessed it—peaches & almonds in a muffin
- Matcha Milkshakes & Chai Milkshakes: with your choice of vanilla soy or coconut ice cream
- Tomato Soup
- BBQ Tofu (in the grab & go case)
- Cupcake for Ocean Conservancy, Our Charity of the Month: We’ll donate $1 for each charity-inspired cupcake sold in August to support Ocean Conservancy. Eat cupcakes for charity!
Our July charity of the month believes that only social movements can create social change. That’s why Center for Community Change’s mission is to build the power and capacity of low-income people, especially low-income people of color, to have a profound impact in improving their communities and the policies and institutions that affect their lives. The Center’s focus areas include jobs and wages, immigration, retirement security, affordable housing, racial justice, and barriers to employment for formerly incarcerated individuals.
Please join us in supporting the Center for Community Change. For each charity-themed cupcake sold this month at Sticky Fingers, we’ll donate $1 to support their critical work for people in need. This month’s flavor? Orange Creamsicle! Vanilla cake with orange creamsicle frosting. Eat cupcakes for charity!
This June, the Fare Well and Sticky Fingers family celebrates our fathers, our LGBTA brothers and sisters, and you.
In honor of this year’s Celebration of Pride in the Nation’s Capital, we’re making special rainbow cupcakes, available from June 1 at both Fare Well and Sticky Fingers. Learn more about the Capital Pride Alliance and how you can celebrate, educate, support, and inspire our diverse communities. #havepride365
No, he doesn’t need another tie. Celebrate our dads and those who have filled that role in our lives with our Father’s Day cupcakes, available in vanilla and chocolate, from June 16 to 18 at Sticky Fingers and Fare Well.
And, join us for Father’s Day brunch on Sunday, June 18! In addition to our regular menus, we’ve come up with some specials to help toast pops:
- at Fare Well: biscuits with southern-style gravy, house-made sausage, and strawberry-mint salad made with local ingredients from Cultivate the City
- at Sticky Fingers: chocolate-stuffed French toast
MORE JUNE SPECIALS
We’ll also be serving these sweet and savory specials at Sticky Fingers throughout June:
- Strawberry Margarita Cupcake: strawberry cake topped with margarita frosting (also available at Fare Well)
- Pistachio Rose Sandwich Cookie: pistachio cookies with rose frosting
- Strawberry Rhubarb Muffin
- Carrot Ginger Soup
- Chipotle Mac & Cheese: perfectly spiced & perfectly cheesy
Established by the historic merger of the Washington Humane Society and the Washington Animal Rescue League, two organizations that served DC’s animals for more than a century, the Humane Rescue Alliance now provides the city’s residents with a single destination for animal-related needs, whether it is a search for a new companion to join their family, financial assistance with veterinary care or pet food, assistance with behavioral problems, vaccination or spay/neuter services, or help from officers for a lost, injured, or abused animal.
Please join us in supporting our June charity of the month. For each charity-themed cupcake sold this month at Sticky Fingers, we’ll donate $1 to Humane Rescue Alliance to support their critical work for our city’s animals. Eat cupcakes for charity!
IG & Twitter: @humanerescue